This Plan was commissioned by the CFLT and supported by Údarás in order to provide an outlet for the local community to express their vision of how they would like Cloghane/Brandon to develop.
The underlying purpose of this Plan is to promote community involvement in the development of the area and to allow community members to feel ownership of the subsequent implementation process.
The initial brief was to complete a Development Plan to meet the challenges of the community going forward and to ensure all future development is carried out in a well-planned and sustainable manner that will complement the overall development of the area and meet the needs of the community.
The plan will be a blueprint for the planned and sustainable development of Cloghane/Brandon to the benefit of the community.
- Business Creation, Development and Support
- Services for the Area
- Develop tourism potential of Brandon and Cloghane and surrounding areas
Following the completion of the plan and negotiations with the various State Agencies it was confirmed that Mount Brandon Base Camp will be the driving force for the implementation of the Community Development Plan.
Mount Brandon Base Camp is a centre of that will be the gateway into our community; it will be located at the entrance of Cloghane village with the following
- services for the walking, hillwalking and other mountain pursuits in the Cloghane/Brandon area to retain existing walkers and to attract new ones there, expecting that a percentage will require accommodation, food & refreshments and entertainment while they are there.
- enterprise centre proving business with the facilities they require to grow their business
- Tourism products and Educational Tour products will be development and promoted here
- Upgrading of services and amenities in the area
- Tinteán Ceoil and the local Information and Heritage Centre will be relocated to the Centr
- Establishment of a Tidy Towns committee
For further detail please do not hesitate to contact Caitríona on 087 455 2911 or download belowCommunity Development Plan